HISTORY OF OUR CHURCH
The First Presbyterian Church in Bowie was established in 1884. The church moved to the current building when it was completed in 1964. We are members of PC USA.
We follow the Book of Confessions, which includes the Nicene Creed, the Apostles' Creed, the Scots Confession, the Heidelberg Catechism, the Secon Helvetic Confession, the Westminster Confession of Faith, the Shorter Catechism, the Larger Catcechism, the Theological Declaration of Barment, the Confession of 1967 and the Breif Statement of Faith.
PCUSA allows for the ordination of both men and woman.